Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kent Kent is offline

Default What to do with port wine?

"dianem1999" > wrote in message
> Someone gave us a bottle of port. It's not the type of wine we like to
> drink, so I was wondering if it could be used in cooking, maybe instead of
> madera.
>
> Diane M

What do you mean? Is it a plain old bulk bottled port , or is it 1963 Croft,
or Offley? Drinking a vintage port at the end of dinner is among the
ultimate experiences of life. Vintage port, along with pistachios, and
stilton is a rare experience, a rare experience. You don't, in this age,
have the cigar. Dick Tracy did that. Try to experience that before you die.

Kent