Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gregory Morrow[_33_] Gregory Morrow[_33_] is offline

Default Favorite Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe

cybercat wrote:

> I've never made this. I will braise the beef and cut into bite-sized

pieces.

> I want a base that is beef broth with a bit of tomato.
>
> (I know, it's hardly soup weather, but we eat it year round, and I want it
> perfected by the fall ...)

- Do it a slow cooker, it has time for the flavors to really meld (I do mine
for eight hours or so)...

- Add a quart or so of dark ale or beer, something like Guiness Stout, it
will give the soup a deeeeeep richness of flavor...

- If doing in a slow cooker (or even not), add some beef bones of some sort,
you can fish them out after the soup is done. This will add another nice
layer of flavor...

- Soups I always cook and put overnight in the fridge, this gives the soup
time to "set", flavor - wise...

--
Best
Greg