Posted to rec.food.cooking
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Favorite Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe

"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .
> I've never made this. I will braise the beef and cut into bite-sized
> pieces.
>
> I want a base that is beef broth with a bit of tomato.
>
> (I know, it's hardly soup weather, but we eat it year round, and I want it
> perfected by the fall ...)
>
> Thanks.

I don't really have a recipe. I just add whatever sounds good at the time
or whatever I have in the house. I start with a jar of tomato/veg juice.
Sort of like V-8 but organic. If I don't have that, I'll sub in either some
tomato juice or tomato sauce thinned down with water. I'll usually add some
beef broth to that.

My usually vegetables are potatoes, carrots, celery, green beans, corn and
peas. I'll add some chopped tomato if I have any tomatoes around. I love
barley, but daughter can't have gluten so I don't add it any more. Might
add some rice or cooked gluten free noodles. Season with parsley, Italian
seasoning, black pepper and salt to taste.