Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Shen[_2_] Shen[_2_] is offline

Default Milan Scented Liu-An Black (Red)

Hello, everyone,
A while ago I posted a query regarding a red tea I had purchased in
Oakland Chinatown with weird little, teeny-weeny yellow seed-like
things in it. I hadn't a clue what they were.
Yesterday, arrives a box from Jing's. Actually, a replacement box
since two never seemed to get to Berkeley.
It was, of course, full of exciting pu-erhs;but, the real treat was
this small packet of Miulan Scented Black Aged Anhui Liu-An that Jing
and Sebastien had scented themselves.
Needless to say, I was really thrilled that at long last, I recognized
this familiar fragrance and flavour and it has a name - Milan Flowers.
The tea itself is old (1995), an Anhui Liu-An Basket. It has robust
chi and lingers on the palate with a fierce numbing that is tempered
by the orange-blossom taste of these sweet flowers.
I'm not a flowers with tea fan; but, I must say this is some tea.
Fatigue caused me to let the cup sit for a while and cool down. It's
remarkable that this tea is actually bolder and more complex cool.
Anyway, if Sebastien has any more available, I'd highly recommend it
for a powerfully floral relief from Jasmine. It does shimmy in the
mouth and then into the spirit with a really courageous chi!
Shen