Posted to rec.food.cooking
Blinky the Shark Blinky the Shark is offline

Default bloody meat

Mark Thorson wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>>
>> Steve Pope wrote:

>> > Thanks, that makes sense.

>> Except for the part about the word "serrated" meaning "having teeth".

> Every serrated knife I've ever seen had a wavy edge with rounded
> teeth. Have you never seen a knife like that?

My note was only on the language aspects of "serration", not what may
have become kitchen language in spite of the broader use of the term. I
didn't dispute what "serrated" may mean in the kitchen; I just mentioned
what it means in the larger world, and thus that "serrated has a wavy
edge" mostly works in The World Of Knives For The Kitchen.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups