Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Thanks Wally, I thought more folks were grilling here

On 17-Jul-2007, Wally Bedford > wrote:

> wrote:
> > On Jul 16, 1:17 pm, Wally Bedford > wrote:
> >
> > Wally, thanks for the detailed reply. Like you, I intend to smoke in
> > this only if I need to catch some overflow requirements. If we are
> > having a warm winter here it isn't unusual for me to smoke more than a
> > few turkeys (along with other stuff) during the holiday season. The
> > rest of the time it will be a grill for chicken, sausage, etc.
> >
> > Are you using the smoker box on your Chargriller?
> >
> > Robert
> >

> Nah, the WSM keeps up to my smoking needs. Though I thought of buying
> the smoker box, I put an extra shelf on that side.
>
> Grilling and bbqing can happen at the same time. As I stated in my
> post, with charcoal on the right side I can grill and then slide away
> from the direct heat and BBQ. I think you can post anything here if you
> think of alt.food.barbecue as being...
>
> alt.food.barbecueoranthingthatusescharcoalasfuel.
>
> Anything cooking at < 275 goes on the WSM. Anything that requires
> low-ish temp and /or searing goes on the chargriller (spatchcocked
> chicken, country ribs, sausages, salmon.) The gasser does grilling
> only, I've never run it low. Ludicrous searing (tuna steaks) is done on
> the charcoal chimney. I put one of the chargriller grates on the top of
> it when it is up to speed. ALL the seasoning gets removed from the
> grate, but it's easy to reapply.
>

> --
>
> Wally Bedford

Here is a verbatim excerpt from the original Charter Documentation for the
then proposed new group "alt.food.barbecue".

: alt.food.barbecue (repost and revision) ... SUMMARY: alt.food.barbecue
would
be a group to discuss barbecue and grilling--southern style "low and ... of
subjects
near and dear to the hearts of Q lovers would ... alt.config - Feb 23, 1996
by
EskWIRED - View Thread (3 articles)

Unless someone takes it upon themselves to formally propose a
change to the original charter and then succeed in getting the
rest of the BBQ world to agree, the original charter will stand. Current
usage notwithstanding.

--
Brick(Enforce the law first; change it later if necessary)