Posted to alt.food.barbecue
shawn martin shawn martin is offline

Default Thanks Wally, I thought more folks were grilling here

wrote:
> On Jul 16, 3:10 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>

>>Well, Robert, some of us do grill but this is >alt.food.*barbecue*.

> I understand. The name of the group wasn't lost on me.
>

>>The majority focus is on barbecue rather than other >outdoor cooking. There is a lot of discussion on grilling.

> Yup... see that too. I wasn't trying to insult the collective brain
> trust by asking a question on simple grilling, and wasn't aware this
> was the improper venue for such a question.
>
> I think by your comments that you are confirming that, right?
>
> I obviously assumed incorrectly that (like for me) bbq and grilling,
> while distinctly different, can be done by the same people, and at
> least in my part of Texas, actually is. Many can and do both and have
> an equal enthusiasm for each.
>
> The obvious lack of replies was good enough to shine a light on my
> posting error, but thanks for taking the time to write your
> explanative missive.
>
> Robert

Hell, I grill most days, all year around. (In fact I would guess that
most of us grill more often than we do proper barbecue.)

Barbecue takes time. Grilling is quick (er)

I tend to fire up the pit only when time, and money allows.

(Proper barbecue can be an expensive hobby, particularly down here in
Texas, where it's mostly beef)