Posted to rec.food.preserving
D.L.[_2_] D.L.[_2_] is offline

Default Ann and hubby have been busy

We have been busy canning and still have so much more to do.

This week we canned :
8 pints green and wax beans.
6 quarts green beans
23 half-pints 3 bean salad
20 pints deli dill pickles
20 quarts peaches

Yet to do:
We picked 10 gallons of green and wax beans this morning, more 3 bean salad
and just plain beans
I have 2 gallons okra to can
Green tomatoes to can

Not enough corn to can or freeze, we will just eat it.variety is
"Incredible"

I will try the pickled eggplant, I think I will use the pickled beet recipe
for that.

My 3rd planting of baby lettuce mix is coming up.

Our 2nd planting of beets are coming along, will pickle those later too.

I am sorry I havent got those other recipes posted yet.

Barb I just use the Ball dill relish recipe, its pretty good.

Well got to clean the green beans and snap them, the wax beans too. The wax
beans are the most prolific beans I have evr grown. Each picking I get about
25 beans from each plant, and have picked 3 times and there are nmore beans
coming still .

Love you all,
Ann