Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
irate vegan[_2_] irate vegan[_2_] is offline

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 04:35:02 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>Rupert wrote:

[..]
>> Yes, I lead a very comfortable life. So do you.

>Mine doesn't violate any of my professed values.

I used to actually believe that, Jon, and that allowed you a
free pass to some extent without having to justify the meat
on your plate, but since learning that you believe there's an
inherent inhumane aspect to killing animals it's certain that
your chosen diet on them does violate a professed moral
value.

"I have to think there's an inherent albeit slight inhumane
aspect to killing animals, even rodents."
Rudy Canoza 5 Dec 2006 http://tinyurl.com/y5a3xh

You also lay poisons around your home to kill rodents, even
while knowing that there's an inhumane aspect to killing
them, and that again shows you're not living up to your
professed moral values as well. I was very shocked to see
this admission from you after all these years, and it seems
I've been reading you wrong all this time, because only
someone who's very callous would intentionally kill an
animal while knowing it to be an inhumane act, and I didn't
believe that you were a callous person until reading that
recent admission from another newsgroup.