Posted to rec.food.preserving
Kathi Jones Kathi Jones is offline

Default Bread & Butter Pickles - WIP

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> George Shirley > wrote:
>
>> Serene wrote:

>> > No, I'm totally enchanted with all you people and your preservin' ways.
>> > I can be a sarcastic ass sometimes, but this is genuine admiration of
>> > the geeky tricks y'all come up with. :-)

>> > Serene

>> You preserve food as long as this bunch of overage geeks has and you
>> also will come up with some labor saving tricks. B-})

> Hey, I think there are a couple young 'uns. Kathi's got little-ish
> kids.
>
> OK, so you're right. . . .
>
>> George, still looking for a Grip-Tite jar lifter for Barb. Guess I'll
>> have to will her the one I have.

> Never mind the tape with my name on it, eh? Get one o' them engraving
> tool thingies. . . .
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
> pics of Ronald McDonald House dinner posted 6-24-2007

yep, I got young'ens....and I hope one day they'll be interested in 'all
this' that I'm doing (I know Holly, 8, really likes my latest Cherry Jelly).
Y'know, neither of my grandmothers were big on preserving, which surprises
me, because they both lived a frugal life.

Anyway, one Grandmother still enjoys life to her fullest, at 92, and I give
her some of everything I put up every year, and she, in turn, shares it with
the folks that live with her in the 'retirement home' that she lives in.
I'm proud. She's proud. Life is good.

Kathi