Posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Bread & Butter Pickles - WIP - Follow-up

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> Anyway, the cukes are currently in the washing machine getting scrubbed
> (I've a couple terry towels with them; gentle cycle, cold water). I'll
> get them out and commence to slicing them and salting them down. They
> will lie in sweet repose in a salty ice bath whilst I catch forty winks.

And now they are resting in salty ice. :-) Or maybe it's icy salt.
I've a 3-hour break while the salt draws moisture from the slices.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and