Posted to soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.polish,soc.culture.german,soc.culture.baltics,rec.food.cooking
[email protected] vkarlamov@yahoo.com is offline

Default American hot dog tastes like cardboard ( Chinese food tastes like cardboard)

On Jul 13, 3:03 pm, "captain." > wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > On Jul 12, 5:05 pm, "xolodilnik" > wrote:
> >> Gourmet Karlamov says it tatstes great though.

> >>http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html

> > ,"China (AP) -- Chopped cardboard, softened with an industrial
> > chemical and flavored with fatty pork and powdered seasoning, is a
> > main ingredient in batches of steamed buns sold in one Beijing
> > neighborhood, state television said."

> > Chopped cardboard, softened with an industrial chemical and flavored
> > with fatty pork and powdered seasoning? This is the authentic recepe
> > for American hot dogs and bologna. All you need is add some sodium
> > nitrate - and you got you Ball Park Franks!

> > Look at these mouth-watering ingredients:

> > OSCAR MAYER COLD CUTS-BOLOGNA-LIGHT

> > Oscar Mayer. What a wholesome sounding German(ic) name.

No way. There is no such first name in German as "Oscar".

///////////////////////
http://www.serve.com/shea/namelist.htm

LIST OF GERMAN FIRST NAMES

Olaf
Oliver
Oskar
Otto

No Oscar. Oscar is American. Especially beloved in Hollywood.

> > Ingredients: MECHANICALLY SEPARATED CHICKEN, WATER, PORK, CORN SYRUP,
> > MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: SODIUM LACTATE, SALT,
> > SODIUM PHOSPHATES, SODIUM DIACETATE, SODIUM ERYTHORBATE (MADE FROM
> > SUGAR), FLAVOR, SODIUM NITRITE, EXTRACTIVES OF PAPRIKA, POTASSIUM
> > PHOSPHATE, SUGAR, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE.

> that's nasty. you shouldn't eat those things karla.

Don't insult me. Of course, I don't. Here is the only hotdog I buy in
USA:

"European Brand Wieners in Natural Sheep Casings from Freybe Gourmet
Foods Ltd., Langley, B.C., Canada"

These doggies may not taste as well as their best relatives in Europe,
but they are much better than anything else I've tasted in North
America and as good as the wieners sold on European street corners.

There is an extra benefit for Brookski: he can re-use the natural
sheep casings for "safe sex" if he shrinks them a little.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////
At Freybe, we use only the best cuts and finest spices, smoking our
products with imported beech wood to craft the most flavorful deli
meats, specialty meats, cured meats and sausages. Naturally low in
carbohydrates, all of our products are gluten free and lactose free,
with no liquid smoke, added MSG, mechanically separated meat or
fillers - making them healthy choices for your dinner table.
In 1844, Johann Carl Freybe started off in a new direction for his
family. Earning his Master of Sausage Making degree, he opened the
first Freybe store in Stettin (then Prussia), and the rest is sausage-
making history. Following in his fathers footsteps, Otto's son Carl
Freybe became a strong activist in promoting the sausage and meat
industry in Germany - so much so that after his death in 1982, the
Carl Freybe medal was created to honor individuals who do the most to
promote the meat industry in Germany. In 1945, Ulrich - Carl's second
of three sons - moved the family business from Stettin (now Poland) to
Hannover, Germany. Ten years later, Ulrich traveled to Vancouver,
Canada with a selection of sausage-making equipment. Realizing the
potential for Freybe product in the local market, Ulrich and his
younger brother Walter started a production facility on Georgia Street
in East Vancouver. Over the next 30 years, our company grew to
produce over 120 varieties of sausage, ham and specialty meat
products, while protecting all the values and time-honored traditions
that have made Freybe products famous throughout the world.

You've heard of Vancouver, Canada, haven't you, Captain? :-)