Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking,rec.food.cooking
Sonoran Dude Sonoran Dude is offline

Default 1,500 year old Chiles..

Omelet wrote:

> Beautiful aren't they?
> I've never tried to grow one, I just take care of wild volunteers.

>> --Bryan

Mine is hardly beautiful unless it is harvesting season. It is a very
interesting plant though with precise geometric angles to the branching.
I have watered mine every summer but this year I'm just letting nature
takes its course and see if there is a difference in the flavor.

There is a domesticated variety here at a Tucson Botanical park and I
bought one for a friend several miles away so not to cross pollinate my
perfect tasting wild one. He is a master gardener but genetics have
everything to do with flavor. His is bitter and much hotter than the wild.