Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bobo Bonobo® Bobo Bonobo® is offline

Default Name 5 Franchise Eateries you like

On Jul 10, 8:51 am, Goomba38 > wrote:
> notbob wrote:
> > From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.

> > Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> > In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> > Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> > Subway (the $3 daily, only)

> > That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\

> > nb

> Bahama Breeze
> Arby's currently I'm nuts about their wonderful chicken salad sandwich
> but I don't get anything else there.

The crappiness of their "roast beef" is legendary.

> I can't think of any other "franchise" that I like well enough to list?
> I ate once at "Steak and Shake" in another city and really enjoyed the
> onion rings and shakes...but it was a one time event so can't be
> confident it is always that good? I wish I could try it again to see?

SnS is good if you eat AT THE COUNTER, or if you get it to go, and
order at the counter. It's the only way to make sure that they don't
screw up. The double Steakburgers are great, as is their chili with
beans. I'd put them in the top 5.

1. Del Taco. By far the best fast food tacos. Avoid their burgers,
fries, and anything with "cheese sauce" instead of grated cheddar.
The marinated steak and chicken are both good. The shredded beef, not
so good. The green sauce is the best single thing at any fast food
restaurant ever.

2. Steak'n Shake. See above. Note, they are pricey, but they send
out coupons in the mail.

3. Popeye's. The spicy chicken is pretty decent, and the mashed
potatoes and gravy are good by fast food standards, as is the red
beans and rice. Their biscuits are very good. They're pricier than
Church's, but everything is much better.

4. Lion's Choice. Geographically limited, but the only truly good
fast food roast beef sandwich I know of.

5. Fuddruckers. Expensive, but great. I mean great. You will never
have a bad experience there. Great milkshakes, and build-your-own
burgers that they cook rare or medium rare if you want (except in
states that forbid it).

Honorable mentions:

White Castle. They are what they are. Love 'em or hate "em.
McDonald's. The food is NOT good, but their dollar menu makes them
the cheapest place around.
Panera Bread. Good sandwiches, but the best thing is their pastries,
especially danishes.

--Bryan