Posted to rec.food.cooking
Blair P. Houghton Blair P. Houghton is offline

Default Restaurant critics beware!

Stan Horwitz > wrote:
>The crux of this law suit is that LaBan gave a negative review on a meal
>he ate at a suburban Philadelphia steak house called Chops. Amongst
>other negative things, LaBan wrote that the steak he was served was
>"miserably tough and fatty".
>
>The suit alleges that LeBan made an invalid comment about the steak
>because the restaurant's owner claims it was a sandwich, but LaBan wrote
>that it was a strip steak and didn't say it was part of a sandwich.

I wonder what he ordered.

If he ordered a strip steak and got a sandwich steak, then
he was defrauded.

And if he ordered a strip-steak sandwich and got some
other cut in his sandwich, then he was defrauded.

And if I ordered a steak sandwich in a place that was
supposed to have good steaks and got a fatty, gristly
piece of meat, I'd complain about it to the public, too.

Lots of wiggle room. If the whole case is based on
semantics the judge is going to kick some steakhouse ass.

--Blair