Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Unhappy 4th!

On Jul 5, 2:36?pm, "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote:
> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...

> >> Oh, how lovely. :-( I am so sorry to hear this. Have you made a
> >> list of
> >> what is missing? It may be difficult to determine, I know. When I was
> >> broken into, I'd still find things missing up to a few weeks later. I
> >> just
> >> kept calling the police to add the items to the report.

> >> Good luck and I hope they catch the guys who did this.

> > Geeze, that sucks.

> > Chances are they won't catch the thieves, not unless there was
> > anything valuable and out of the ordinary taken, something that would
> > send up a red flag when it was attempted to be disposed of. Everyone
> > should take lots of pictures of everything they own, all valuables,
> > room by room, wall by wall, open each closet, each dresser drawer,
> > every cabinet... basement, attic, garage, everything outdoors, even
> > inside your car trunk. Then upload all your pics to a photo website,
> > there are plenty of free ones. And take tons of pictures, with
> > digicams it's easy, it's free.

> > I hope they catch the thief, but don't hold your breath... your stuff
> > is probably all gone by now, traded for drugs.

> > Sheldon

> That's what we do but the dumbest was not listening to my inner voice to
> insure before we left. And I know it was dumb!

What do you mean by "insure before we left"? So now I'm assuming you
rent. Everyone who rents needs renter's insurance, from day one.
Renter's insurance is very inexpensive (less than $1/day). It's very
good that you didn't take out a policy just before you left on your
trip. Had you done that you very likely would have been arrested on
suspician of commiting or orchestrating that burglary.

Btw, the vast majority of rental burglaries are inside jobs... odds
are 999 to 1 that you or someone in your household knows the
burglar(s). The fact that the burglary just happened to occur during
a planned trip increases those odds a thousand fold.

Right now (today!) call your insurance company and take out a renter's
policy... your auto ins company can handle it. No one should ever
advertise that they are going away (especially not on the net), tell
your friends after you return.

Sheldon