Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default Unhappy 4th!

Dave Bugg said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Dan Abel said...

>>> I guess it's time to ask, what is a "double tap"? Obviously it is
>>> force, but is it lethal or non-lethal?

>> A double-tap is a rapid-fire two rounds from a handgun.
>>
>> As mentioned above, self-defense doesn't include lethal force for
>> defending "things," rather defending the lives of yourself and those
>> around you from imminent death, AS A LAST RESORT!!!

> If someone I don't recognize breaks into my house or business when I'm
> present, I'll be in fear of my life. That's all that's required. I don't
> have to 'prove' it, I just have to say it.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

How fast can you evaluate a threat??? How do you REACT to a threat?
"STOP!!!"? In your home or your business? I'd say you're "I just have to
say it" would qualify you for prison time.

Suppose it was an Alzheimers person thinking he's breaking into his OWN
home. Would you be right in using lethal force? NOPE. But you'd shoot first
and find out later he was your next door neighbor.

Ya BUM!!!

Andy