Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Brisket Technique

On 1-Jul-2007, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> Nonnymus wrote:
>
> Man, please don't top-post; it takes to long to figure out who or what
> you're responding to.
>
> > Now, educate me a little more, if you will. Is the higher temperature
> > needed for rendering out the fat, breaking down the collagen or making
> > the crust? (Yes to all?) The internal temperature of 200f would be
> > something between a misdemeanor and felony if we were talking a rib
> > roast.<grin>

> Exactly. A prime rib roast ain't the same cut of beef. Not all meat is
> suitable for bbq.

Dave's right of course, but that don't mean you can't cook a rib roast
in your pit and get a little smoke on it if you want to. I've done it and
I'll do it again, but I took mine out at about 130°F internal and after
resting a half hour or so it was pretty nice eating. I vacuum packed
some of it and it warmed over okay. I can't say how long it might keep
that way. It didn't last long enough to tell.

--
Brick(Enforce the law first; change it later if necessary)