Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ann Ann is offline

Default Lasagna in Aluminum Pan

On 6/29/07 8:52 AM, in article
, "Omelet" <ADDRESS>
wrote:

> In article >,
> Goomba38 > wrote:

>>> Yep.
>>>
>>> I'm always wrong and you are always right.
>>>
>>> I made a mistake clearing you from my killfile.
>>>
>>> I took it hot to a potluck.
>>>
>>> The tomato ate holes in regular reynolds wrap and left black spots on my
>>> food. Mom chewed me out for the error.
>>>
>>> Whatever floats your boat.

>> I believe you were the only one who said it would cause holes. I
>> responded that in my experience I'd never had this problem and that
>> commercial manufacturers seem to manage also?
>> YOU seem to have a need to toss logic out of the window and assume my
>> experience somehow is "picking on you" instead of just me providing
>> alternative experience.
>> Shame your mom "chewed you out" for doing something that plenty of other
>> people and companies do routinely and never have a problem.

> It's the WAY you answer my posts! You have yet to ever agree with
> anything I post and you always answer them in a negative manner, as if
> you are trying to make me look like a liar or an idiot.
>
> You are a very negative person.
>
> What is wrong with you???
>
> I was merely stating experience I have had covering tomato dishes with
> aluminum foil! Are you calling me a liar or something? For crying out
> loud!!!
>
> I covered a tomato based cassarole with some aluminum foil for a potluck.
> When I got to the party, the foil was full of little holes and there
> were ugly bitter black spots all over the top of the food where the foil
> had dissolved.

I've had the same experience with aluminum FOIL but no problem with aluminum
pans -- even the disposable ones.

Whatever. Is it necessary to be so ugly to someone who just wanted some
info?

BTW, I solve the foil (which is fairly leak proof) over tomato based
casseroles for transporting dilemma by placing a layer of waxed paper over
the casserole before the foil. If it's a cheesy top I spray the downside of
the paper with no-stick spray.

Blessings,
Ann