Posted to rec.food.cooking
Rusty[_2_] Rusty[_2_] is offline

Default Banana Bread

kilikini wrote:
> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering which
> recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5 bunches
> of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
> wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
>
> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out there?
> And how different they all are?
>
> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.
>
> kili

This is my daughter's recipe. It's moist and delicious - and easy. I
ate some for breakfast this morning - with strawberry cream cheese on it.

Susan’s Banana Bread

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 to 3 large ripe bananas
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350F. Sift flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
Cream together sugar and butter with mixer in larger bowl. Break
bananas into chunks. Add to sugar and butter. Mix. Add eggs. Beat.
Mix in dry ingredients, to a batter consistency and pour into buttered
(or Pam sprayed) 9x5" loaf pan. Bake at 350F for 1 hour.

This is my Mom's recipe and a family favorite.

Banana Cake

2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup buttermilk or sour milk
2 ripe bananas, sliced
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped nuts

In large bowl, combine all ingredients except nuts. Blend at low speed
until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed, scraping bowl
occasionally. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into a 13x9" pan, greased on
the bottom only. Bake at 350F for 30 - 35 minutes or until top springs
back when lightly touched in center. Frost when cool with frosting of
your choice.

Hope you enjoy these recipes. Rusty from MD