Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] hrbricker@NOSPAMverizondot.net is offline

Default Brisket Technique

On 1-Jul-2007, Nonnymus > wrote:

> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> > "Nonnymus" > wrote in message
> >> After you take the meat off after 15 hours at 225f, please report back
> >> on
> >> 1) level of doneness, 2) crust depth, 3) the machine used to carve it
> >> and
> >> 4) the reaction of the guests.
> >>
> >> Nonny

> > Why do you ask? I always do mine for about that time, usually 250
> > though.
> > Every piece of meat is different, but it should be very tender with a
> > nice
> > bark. Mine slices very easily with a standard kitchen knife. The 1/4"
> > thick slices on the plate are easily broken to bite size with just the
> > fork.
> >

> I cannot remember ever cooking anything that long. If it works, that's
> great, and I'm happy for all.
>
> --
> ---Nonnymus---

Jun 16, 2007, 12.2# packer cut brisket. Slathered liberally with CYM and
thoroughly rubbed with Bayou Blast. Eleven hours at about 250°F. Cooked
a little over. Internal was 200° when I took it off and wrapped it for
resting.
Brisket yielded 6.5# after trimming about 1/2# of fat off and cooking eleven
hours. Meat slices nicely after an hour of rest. Easily slices down to 1/16"
or less with a very sharp, thin, Chinese butcher knife. There is no
remaining
taste of the original mustard or dry rub. Garlic and pepper taste has
disappeared completely. I kept smoke going for the first three or four
hours.
Ring is 1/4" to 3/8" thick. It has a very pleasing smoky taste. We're eating
it on crusty Italian bread that has some of the outer crust trimmed off. The
meat is topped with fresh coleslaw.

Brick(Enforce the law first; change it later if necessary)