Posted to rec.food.cooking
MayQueen MayQueen is offline

Default Banana Bread

kilikini wrote:
> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering which
> recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5 bunches
> of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
> wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
>
> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out there?
> And how different they all are?
>
> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.
>
> kili

I know it's not banana bread, but how about some banana ice cream with
some of your find?

We had a baked alaska last night made with banana ice cream that was
really yummy. There were sliced bananas arranged on the plate that were
a bit caramelized too.

I have no recipe to offer on either count, sorry. I think I've used the
recipe in my Betty Crocker cookbook for banana bread most often.

--
Queenie

*** Be the change you wish to see in the world ***