Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Radar Radar is offline

Default Live crabs on the grill?

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:14:20 -0700, Abe > wrote:

>>Does anyone know of any techniques to cook live crabs on a grill? I read
>>something about using a damp burlap sack and steaming them. Just curious if
>>that would work.

>Sure, why not?

Nope, it wouldn't work: the burlap would dry out and catch fire.
That's not good eats.

A better bet would be to put the styrofoam container you used to bring
the crabs home in -- and you did do that, right? -- directly on the
grill. Put some moistened newspaper in there to keep it from melting
and to provide the liquid for the steam. Don't let the grill get too
hot.

For a real treat, moisten the newpaper with some of that lemon juice
that comes in the green bottles.