Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
Rudy Canoza[_1_] Rudy Canoza[_1_] is offline

Rupert wrote:
> On Jun 29, 4:11 pm, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>> Rupert wrote:
>>> You're such a child

>> No.
>>
>> You *do* invite abuse.
>>

> Endlessly repeating absurdities doesn't make them any less absurd.
> Your abuse is utterly without reasonable motivation, and is the mark
> of a poorly-socialized, uncivilized lout. It degrades only you.

>>> Right. You maintain there's an obligation to show it, and the
>>> abolitionists met this burden whereas we haven't.

>> Exactly so.
>>
>>> I, on the other
>>> hand, maintain that the burden of proof is on someone who wishes to
>>> deny it.

>> And that's wrong.

> Suppose I said that blue-eyed people were more entitled to
> consideration than brown-eyed people. Would I not have a burden of
> proof to meet?

Yes. And identically, if you say to blue-eyed people
that brown-eyed people are entitled to equal
consideration, the burden of proof is *also* on you,
for the same reason: you're making the assertion that
you wish others to accept.

>> You're making an assertion, and
>> failing to support it. Instead, you tell others to
>> disprove your assertion. They tell you to **** off,
>> because the burden of proof is on you to support your
>> assertion.
>>

> You're making an assertion about where the burden of proof lies
> without supporting it.

Because the support for my assertion is already well
known in the rules of debate and logic, you ****wit.

>>> You really are quite charming.

>> yes.
>>

> And brilliant.

>>> The burden of proof is one someone who makes a discrimination.

>> The burden of proof is on you to support your
>> assertion,

> So you keep saying. But, as discussed above, why?

Because those are the well-defined rules of logic since
antiquity. If you're not up to it, then withdraw.

>> and you can't meet it.

> The abolitionists couldn't have met their burden of proof either, if
> they'd actually had to meet it.

They did meet it. They demonstrated, rather than
simply treat as an axiom, or demand that others
disprove the contention, that Negroes were morally
entitled to equal consideration.

You'll never even get started, because you know in your
tiny black heart that non-human animals are *not*
morally entitled to equal consideration. You don't
have a *moral* case at all. Your case is entirely
dependent on amoral emotional feelings rather than any
moral reasoning. You're trying to dress up your weepy
girlish feelings about animals in masculine language of
moral philosophy, but it's a transparent fraud. The
façade is shabby, and no one is fooled.