Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
Rudy Canoza[_1_] Rudy Canoza[_1_] is offline

Rupert wrote:
> On Jun 29, 3:45 pm, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>> Rupert wrote:
>>> No, I don't.

>> Yes, you do.
>>

> You're such a child

No.

You *do* invite abuse.

>>> I maintain that the case for treating dark-skinned people better was
>>> that there were no rational grounds for not giving their interests
>>> equal consideration with the relevantly similar interests of fair-
>>> skinned people,

>> You've got to *show* this, rupie, and that's what the
>> abolitionists did, but which you haven't even attempted
>> to do with respect to animals.

> Right. You maintain there's an obligation to show it, and the
> abolitionists met this burden whereas we haven't.

Exactly so.

> I, on the other
> hand, maintain that the burden of proof is on someone who wishes to
> deny it.

And that's wrong. You're making an assertion, and
failing to support it. Instead, you tell others to
disprove your assertion. They tell you to **** off,
because the burden of proof is on you to support your
assertion.

>> It's because you know
>> you can't, and also because you're a lazy **** who
>> doesn't like to work.
>>

> You really are quite absurd.

No.

>>> We've made a good case.

>> You haven't. You've assumed that which you must
>> demonstrate, and then smugly and smirkingly said, "show
>> that our assumption is false." It's bullshit, and it
>> has got you nowhe "ar" is dead in the water.

> The burden of proof is one someone who makes a discrimination.

The burden of proof is on you to support your
assertion, and you can't meet it. You'll never meet
it, and that's a big part of why "ar" is dead in the water.