Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Chef Juke[_1_] Chef Juke[_1_] is offline

Default Another OT - Garnish?

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 05:46:32 -0500, "bworthey"
> wrote:

>Well, I guess I should have clarified some, since it is a dinner theater,
>things are being served between scenes, etc., so they are getting bread,
>then salad, then the lasagna, then desert.....normally, I would have the
>bread on there with the lasagna, and that was my dilema. I was goign to
>have an empty plate, I felt, with just a hunk of lasagna on there. Again,
>looks GREAT to me, but I just wanted to add some touch to it.
>
>B-Worthey

Simplest thing would be to get a bunch (okay LOTS of bunches) of
either parsley or basil and put a nice sprig on the top or side of
each hunk of lasagne.

Also, for a nice presentation (but definitely more work), covering the
plate with some sauce before plating the lasagne itself helps the
lasagne not look so plain.

Some examples:

http://scatt.bilegrip.com/lasagne2.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/29o6q7
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...er/lasagna.jpg
http://www.stefanipremiumfoods.com/m...a-pix-only.jpg
http://www.marjennings.com/images/co...lasagna_mn.jpg

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com