Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] joebob@tvland.com is offline

Default Grocery Store... score?

: After all the posts about grilling and BBQ I decided I *will* grill ribs on
: May 31st. Found a nice looking 4 lb. rack at a reasonable price ($1.67/lb).
: I prefer dry ribs (but hey, nb! feel free to drench them in sauce if you
: want!). I brush them lightly with oil then rub them simply with S&P,
: granulated garlic and oregano. Slow roast them indirectly over medium-hot
: coals, watching and turning them, until the ribs practically wiggle free of
: the meat. That's when you know they are done This is the only meat I
: like "well done" but even then you can't say it is so because there is still
: pink in the middle. They just know when to wiggle!

If the meat is still pink in the middle, then there's NO WAY that they are
done enough for the meat to easily come off the bone. Those are certainly
not well done - they're rare to medium-rare. With a properly done pork rib,
the meat will come off the bone with a gentle tug, but that takes long
cooking at low temperatures.