Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Drinking hot water

On Jun 24, 7:27?am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> "Albert" > wrote
>
> > Will drinking cold water after consuming oily foods cause an upset
> > stomach and diarrhea? Is it therefore better to drink hot water?

> Drinking warm water from the tap makes me queasy. Nothing
> to do with what I've eaten.

Your hot water tank is bacteria laden (as are your hot water pipes),
the system needs to be shocked once a year with bleach (your cold
water pipes need shocking too but that's as bit more difficult)...
even if your domestic water is chlorinated by the municipality it's
not nearly strong enough to kill the bacteria that thrive in hot water
tanks. It's pretty easy to do yourself or any plumber can for a the
price of a ten minute house call and a pint of laundry bleach. Btw,
bottled water is not sterile water, bottled water almost always
contains a higher bacteria count than what comes from your own tap.