Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky Nicky is offline

Default Flaxseed

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 14:03:51 -0500, "Cougar"
> wrote:

>Just tried flaxseed. Bought whole kind. Said can be eaten like nuts whole
>(crunchy) or ground into flour (smooth texture). I tossed some in my stew,
>and it tasted fine. Most people said you have to grind it up, however, this
>way worked for me, and the directions said it was ok to eat whole. Has
>anyone had their cholesterol/BG/BP go down by using flaxseed? Other
>benefits? Pros/Cons? I know it has been discussed some, however, my mind
>is just now clearing up and I am just now trying new stuff that I have
>researched and talked with doctor about.

It's a great fiber source. I use it a lot, in flaxseed porridge and in
baking, to add to my daily fiber totals and to ensure regularity. I
always use it ground - mainly because it can pass through untouched
otherwise!

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine