Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Seasonings you use instead of salt

In article . com>,
Cindy Hamilton > wrote:

> On Jun 20, 4:22 pm, Omelet > wrote:
>
> > We go thru maybe 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. of salt per year, max for the two of us.

> Good grief! We do about a pound a month, for the two of us.
>
> Of course, quite a bit of that goes down the drain with the pasta
> water.
> But, still...
>
> Cindy Hamilton

We've really lost our taste for it.

I purchase "Real Salt" brand raw salt in one lb. bags and just re-fill
the shakers as needed.

It's good stuff and contains trace minerals.

Pasta is a rare treat so that might help? <shrugs>
We do eat some starches, but it's not a major part of our diets.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.