Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Rechazador de Disparates Rechazador de Disparates is offline

Default survival on $3 a day for food?

On Jun 20, 8:47?am, "Carolyn LeCrone" > wrote:
> Several local politicians tried to live on a similar budget recently with
> mixed success. They ate a lot of peanut butter.

The county welfare agency allows $5.00 a day per adult for food.

I am not on welfare. Some who qualify for welfare are getting morbidly
obese on it.

I can easily live on $3.00 a day, shopping at the 99 Cents Only
stores, Food4Less, and having a budget menu burger at a fast food
chain once or twice a week.

It's the last part that I regret. Beef is slow to digest and the fat
makes me gain weight.