Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Seasonings you use instead of salt

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 14:03:32 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"maxine in ri" > wrote :>
>> What do others use in place of salt?
>>

>Rosemary, on braised and roasted pork or chicken, means
>I don't need any salt at all. But then I am not a big salt person.

If people learned how to season properly, they wouldn't need as much
salt, if any.

For instance, take lamb... rub with a mixture of finely chopped fresh
rosemary, chopped garlic, freshly ground pepper and grated lemon zest.
Place 1/4 rounds of the zested lemon on top and roast. Roast it. No
salt needed.

Chicken is the same thing. I use a mixture of thyme, pepper and
granulated garlic. Rub it on (no butter)..... place on a vertical
roaster and roast at high heat until done. It comes out with a
tastey, cripsy skin and juicy meat. No salt needed.

--
See return address to reply by email