Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Seasonings you use instead of salt

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> I agree with Michael; lemon is excellent for seasoning. I rarely use salt
> in anything. I use lemon, vinegar, herbs, oils, etc.
>
> What I've learned from not using salt is that just about anything cooked
> outside my house is not palatable. Everything else is *way* too salty.
> It's kind of a bummer when you go out to a friend's house or a restaurant,
> but I'll take a sensitive palate any day over a salt-laden one. :~)
>
> kili

Ditto!

Lemon and Vinegar are excellent flavorings which is why the salt free
lemon pepper works so well.

We don't eat out much anymore as most restaurant food tastes like sea
water.

I used to be a salt-a-holic but it only took 2 weeks of going "cold
turkey" on the salt thing to lose my taste for it. Things were a bit
bland at first but then that changed.

Food tastes a lot better now.
--
Peace, Om