Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Seasonings you use instead of salt

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> maxine in ri said...
>
> > What do others use in place of salt?

> No salt.
>
> Andy

Aka, Potassium Chloride.

I've experimented with that and don't like the bitterness it tends to
add, but it works for many people. :-)

All you can do is try it.

One of my favorite things is to use a low salt ("lite") Soy sauce. It's
hardly low in sodium for sodium restrictions, but since the flavor is so
rich, it can be used in smaller quantities.

I try to follow low sodium for the most part due to a fluid retention
problem related to hypothyroidism. I used to actually track my daily
sodium intake and learned a lot about food after keeping a precise food
log for 18 months on the advice of my doc. I weighed and measured
everything. ;-)

I was told to restrict sodium to less than 2,000 mg. per day. Once I
learned to avoid high sodium foods (mostly processed or canned) it was
not all that difficult to do, surprisingly.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.