Posted to rec.food.cooking
maxine in ri maxine in ri is offline

Default Seasonings you use instead of salt

On Jun 18, 2:16 pm, "Pete C." > wrote:
> maxine in ri wrote:

> > What do others use in place of salt?

> > maxine in ri

> Pepper. I use very little salt in my cooking, pepper and other spices
> compensate well. Not to say I don't use salt, I just use it in limited
> applications and in limited quantities.
>
> Pete C.

Ah! Which spices? I use as Michael does, Mrs Dash mixes (lemon
pepper, original, and tomato basil), but I like to do my own spicing,
so am looking for suggestions. With over 100 bottles on my spice
racks (some dupes, some ground/whole/crushed, some mixes), I'm
interested in hearing what other folks add rather than my usual
"throw the spice rack in the pot" sort of seasoning.

I usually use a small amount of salt in the cooking, but for DM and
DS, any salt is too much. Freakin' pains in the butt....

(I'm losing it- the weather is getting hot and humid, and I'm just
not my usual sweet self)

maxine in ri