Posted to rec.food.cooking
Thelma Lubkin Thelma Lubkin is offline

Default What's the deal with peanut oil?

BOBOBOnoBO® > wrote:
: * I heard on "Zorba the Quack" today, a woman who talked about eating
: sunflower seeds as part of a weight loss regimen. Zorba the Quack
: called it "the Sunflower Seed Diet." It really can be quite
: effective.

The way to do that is to eat [unsalted] sunflower seeds in the
shell: you spend most of your time shelling them, not eating
them.

My husband and I [neither with any weight problem] are both
seed addicts. I order unshelled sunflower seeds online 11lbs
at a time for him. I sit around crunching unshelled pumpkin
seeds, last order for 8lbs. Stay away from salted; the salt
gets to you [tastewise] if you're going to eat so many.

If you're fanatic about what the house looks like,
you'll also get a lot of extra exercise sweeping the
floors almost continuously.

--thelma
: --Bryan