Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default What's the deal with peanut oil?

On Jun 17, 2:03 pm, Omelet > wrote:

> > I've had grape seed oil in my refrigerator for that "special use that
> > calls for it" and since I bought it, that specialty has never come
> > up.

> Steaksteaksteaksteaksteak! ;-D
> It has a nice clean flavor and a higher smoke point than Olive oil so
> you can really get a good sear.

> It's nice to be able to really do a steak right in the skillet without
> smoking up the house.
>
> It's also very nice as a salad oil.
> --
> Peace, Om

Thanks, Om.
When you do a steak in the house (DH will cook in a Lodge solid bottom
skillet.) I've been trying to get him to get a Lodge with the raised
marks for searing. (He's not going for it) But I've been wondering
about how much oil would be necessary in that kind of a grilling cast
iron skillet vs. a solid bottom cast iron skillet. Got any opinions/
view point?

Dee Dee

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.