Posted to rec.food.cooking
maxine in ri maxine in ri is offline

Default Poor New Jerseyites

On Jun 14, 4:44 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
> Pete said...
>
> > Poor rest of the country, if they believe what they see on TV. It's
> > not even a diner.

> > They should have gone out for hot dogs -- Rutt's is right there, and
> > today you'd be jealous of the culinary mastery of New Jersey.

> > Anyway, putting down the Garden State's like making fun of fat kids.
> > Pick a more challenging target -- Jersey never did nothin' to you.

> Rutt's. I saw that showcased on a food tv show. Stuck in a rutt in New
> Jersey.
>
> Then there's "The Garden State". How'd they think that up??

Never been off of 95, have you?

> And the state fruit is a blueberry? WTF? We in Pennsylvania laughed
> ourselves to sleep over that one for months! Should be the Jersey tomato.
> Or cranberry, even. Stupid NJ politicians.

Penn-swill-vain-ians have Pittsburg. What does that tell you about
them?

> And they ain't got a state song!?? Someone talk to Bruce Springstein or Bon
> Jovi?!?

I'm from New Jersey and I'm proud about it
I love the Garden State
I'm from New Jersey and I shout about it
I think you're really great
O NJ you're #1!

(A song my husband taught me. Don't blame me, I'm from Massachusetts)

maxine in ri