DavidJ01

Default Light colored cherries for Brandied Cherries?

And as a follow up, as I've never canned cherries before, is *any* blemish
on the fruit undesireable? What happens if a cherry with a nick or a rough
patch on the skin ends up in a jar?

It's a lot easier with larger fruits such as peaches or plums to avoid that
possibility, but with cherries it seems like it may be more likely.

Thanks again,

David...

"DavidJ01" > wrote in message
> I've got about 40-50 lbs of Rainier cherries that I picked up for pennies

on
> the lb and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with them all. I
> currently have aproximately 10 lbs finishing up in the dehydrator, and

I'll
> probably put another batch in later today. BTW, Rainier cherries are

bright
> yellow & red and are very sweet!
>
> Anyway, I was wondering about the effect of using a light colored cherry

for