DavidJ01

Default Light colored cherries for Brandied Cherries?

I've got about 40-50 lbs of Rainier cherries that I picked up for pennies on
the lb and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with them all. I
currently have aproximately 10 lbs finishing up in the dehydrator, and I'll
probably put another batch in later today. BTW, Rainier cherries are bright
yellow & red and are very sweet!

Anyway, I was wondering about the effect of using a light colored cherry for
making brandied cherries? My concern is that after pitting the cherries,
the flesh of the fruit starts to darken and may very well have an
undesireable appearance. Perhaps thats what BBB calls for dark cherries?

Could I possibly use whole cherries and just make sure I prick them?

Thanks

David...