Posted to rec.food.cooking
Stan Horwitz Stan Horwitz is offline

Default Poor New Jerseyites

In article >, Arri London >
wrote:

> Stan Horwitz wrote:
> >
> > In article >,
> > Pennyaline > wrote:

> > > That's Jersey for ya, pathetic and unappetizing. No one goes there for
> > > the food anyhow.

> > Nonsense. We NJites have many fine restaurants from which to chose.
> >
> > Be that as it may, I wonder if I am the only person in the United States
> > who has never seen the Soprano's show.

> I've never seen it either! Anyway when I lived in NJ way back when, most
> of the lower half of the state (area code 609 at the time) seemed to be
> owned by Campbell Soup. It's not called the 'Garden State' for nothing.
> That and the pharmaceutical companies; good combination!

We have some very fine restaurants in NJ. One of my favorites, in
Central Jersey, is the Lambertville Station, which is an old inn from
back in the 1700s that also has a great restaurant. They feature a
different wild game meat every day as a special. Last time, I had a
buffalo rib eye steak that was fantastic!