Posted to alt.food.wine
djay djay is offline

Default good points and bad points about wine clubs

> I have never belonged to a wine club, and I never will. I have no
> interest in such clubs. I want to pick what I drink myself, and I'm
> not interested in what a club chooses for me.

In actual fact, people who are motivated to be part of this group and
discuss wine are likely to be exactly like you, motivated enough to
want control, ie NOT the market that wine clubs are of value too.

Having done some more research, it does turn out that my idea is not
unique and has been implemented by both www.bottlenotes.com and
www.wineq.com. Ie a customised wineclub where your ratings lead to
customised cases to suit your tastes.

Do you think these overcome the problems highlighted with bias and
reputation that wine clubs seem to suffer from?

Obviously if you know your wine and want to pick it your self then
these are still not for you, or would they still be interest to you
guys?