Posted to alt.food.wine
Ken Blake Ken Blake is offline

Default good points and bad points about wine clubs

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:41:01 -0700, djay > wrote:

>On Jun 14, 12:06 am, Ed Rasimus > wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 20:33:55 -0700, djay > wrote:
>> >Hi,

>> Unless you've got some particular insight into wine marketing, some
>> unusual connection to the industry, some large amount of venture
>> capital, or some fantastic hook to set you apart from the masses, I'd
>> caution against jumping into this pool--it may look wide, but it
>> isn't deep and therein lie dragons.

>yes I think I have something new, which is my reason for my questions.
>It seems to me that there are clearly identifiable problems with the
>current offerings of wine clubs. There is a lack of trust in the
>offerings of independent wine clubs (it seems for good reason) and a
>lack of variety in the vineyard wine clubs. If I can confirm these as
>the biggest problem with wine clubs then I'll be better able to
>evaluate how effective my idea is. And if indeed these are the biggest
>problems then what are the 2nd biggest problems? For instance, if you
>had your perfect wine club, what would it be like?
>
>No, I have neither venture capital nor industry connections, but I
>believe I'm on to something, so if anyone has either, perhaps they
>should get in touch with me.

To me, there's no such thing as the perfect wine club.

I have never belonged to a wine club, and I never will. I have no
interest in such clubs. I want to pick what I drink myself, and I'm
not interested in what a club chooses for me.

I don't belong to the Book-of-the-month club either, for exactly the
same reason.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup