Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] rfdjr1@optonline.net is offline

Default Cognac

I've got in in my head to try cognac for the first time. I'm not much of a
drinker anymore. That part of my life came and went. I pretty much only drink
red wine now, and enjoy cherry flavored brandy. I never developed a taste for
the dark liquors, like scotch or rye. So I'm wondering what cognac would be
like. All I know about it is that it seems to be a classy drink. My question,
and forgive me for asking such a stupid one, is how do you drink it? I mean,
temperature, serving size, etc. I've seen people in movies and on TV warming
something up over a flame. Cognac or brandy? I did a little research and see the
alcohol content is about 40% or 80 proof. But I know little else. Also brands?
I'd appreciate any help in delving into this possible pleasure late in life.
Thanks.