Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Crab Claws (WAS Alaskan King Crab legs)

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> >> Sorry, I don't take photos of food anymore and rarely bother to look
> >> at them.

> > I understand. :-)
> >
> > I still do it, but only when the mood strikes.
> >
> > I have a series started that will take the whole summer, of growing
> > ginger root from some root starts from the store.
> >
> > I have two sprouts about 2" tall right now.

> Woo hoo! I'll be sure to catch the film at 11

Smart ass... <g>

I'm starting with what I started with, will take a few picks of them
growing and hope that they bloom (ginger makes REALLY pretty flowers!)
and then take a pic of the final harvest when I dig them up.

If this does work out and they don't take a lot of water, I may use them
as a border landscaping plant as they are pretty easy to grow. Up until
now, I've always grown ginger in pots. It gets root bound pretty quickly
and never has bloomed for me. I'm hoping it'll do better in the herb
garden with better drainage and more space.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.