Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] maddoxd8@yahoo.com is offline

Default Traeger Grill Temperature Problem

On Jun 9, 3:38 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> wrote:

> roups.com

> >> Use these temperature differences to your advantage. Put the larger
> >> brisket in the hotter area. Or the larger end in the hotter area.
> >> Or, you can put the butts or chicken in the hotter area. I cook
> >> ribs hotter than butts or brisket. Ribs can go in the hotter
> >> portion.
> >> The bottom rack of my Stump's Smoker is hotter than the others.
> >> That's where I cook the chicken or veggies.
> >> Smoking meats isn't rocket surgery.

> >> BOB

> > I agree. It isn't surgery. Unfortunately the way that I cook brisket
> > is based on a known external temp, and known internal temps. Not
> > having an even temp across the smoker, especially when you cook more
> > than one brisket, complicates things.

> It's not *that* complicated. But, if you don't like the pit maybe you could
> sell it and get a coupla WSMs. Or maybe a Cookshack.
> --
> Davewww.davebbq.com- Hide quoted text -

If I do not get some clear direction this week I will be looking for a
way to sell it by next weekend. As much as I hated dealing with my
Good-One that I sold to keep from moving, I will probably get another
one. It makes a fabulous brisket and the ribs are good too. I had
hoped to get away from having to tend the fire.