Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Crab Claws (WAS Alaskan King Crab legs)

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> > Perhaps they want the crab meat to drain a bit; all that prepacked
> > stuff has some sort of liquid in it. Smaller piles will defrost
> > faster just like soup put in freezer sized containers on the kitchen
> > table will cool faster than all the soup left in the pot to cool.

> Good point, Alan, but I'd drain the excess water off no matter how many
> containers I used for thawing Then steam them briefly using one of those
> collapsible steamers to just heat them through. Maybe I'll have some
> tonight along with a few of those baby artichokes. After all, both call for
> drawn butter with a little lemon
>
> Jill

I suspect that it's to get them to thaw more evenly...

After all, how many days does it take to thaw a 20 lb. turkey in the
'frige? ;-)

And I agree, should go seriously good with Artichoke!

Jpegs if you have the time and energy?
We all love to drool! <G>
--
Peace, Om