Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Crab Claws (WAS Alaskan King Crab legs)

biig wrote:
> I got a package of frozen crab legs this morning. What's the best
> way to heat them for dipping in clarified butter? I've never bought
> them before, but they were on sale. I have a steamer....tia...Sharon

This thread came up just in time. A friend of mine is moving to a smaller
place and is selling her separate upright freezer. She cleaned out a bunch
of stuff she didn't have room to keep and gifted me with a 2 lb. bag of
frozen precooked crab claws. YUM!

For some reason the instructions on the package say to split the contents of
the bag in half and place them in two separate containers to thaw them in
the refrigerator for 8 hours. I can't figure out why they would need to be
placed in two separate containers. Wouldn't a single container large enough
for all the crab claws work just fine? In fact, wouldn't thawing them in
the bag they are packaged in (they aren't jammed in there) also work?

Jill