Posted to rec.food.cooking
Leonard Blaisdell Leonard Blaisdell is offline

Default Oregano: ground vs leaves

In article >,
Scott > wrote:

> That's also what I thought, but every jar of spaghetti sauce I've seen
> uses sugar. Maybe that's why when I use spaghetti sauce in my lasagna it
> just didn't seem right.

Making a marinara sauce for spaghetti is dirt easy. Then you can add
salt or sugar to taste. I have used a half tsp of sugar occasionally to
cut down on the tang of canned diced tomatoes. I think homemade is way
better than store bought and much cheaper too.
On the other hand, what I make may not be spaghetti sauce, but I use it
anyway.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>