Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Sean LeBlanc Sean LeBlanc is offline

Default Dry Skin

I've recently gone vegetarian - about 8 months ago or so. One thing
I've noticed is that my fingers tend to be a bit colder when outside -
if I had gloves on, it could get really, really cold before my fingers
would bother me. Now they are pretty sensitive. I guess a lower body
temperature is to be expected, however, and it works out nice now that
it's getting warmer.

Another odd thing I've noticed is that the back of my hands got very,
very dry and cracked. There is also a weird consistency in the skin -
almost as if the elasticity is prematurely going out of my skin. Now
that winter has passed, it lingers, though not as dry as before. Has
anyone else had this, and is there any vegetarian food and/or
supplement that I might take to make up for some sort of deficiency?